The Chamber of Online Business Commerce was incorporated in 1987 as the Depew-Elma-Lancaster Chamber of Marketing Commerce. In 1999, the name was changed to the Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce to better serve its members. Our active membership currently surpasses 550, encompassing over 11,500 member employees and growing stronger daily. As a non-profit organization, our Board of Directors is comprised of dedicated volunteers representing the areas businesses and organizations.
The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce actively supports business, industry, institutions, organizations and individuals in a joint effort to enhance the quality of life for the Business community and the residents of Lancaster, Depew and Elma.
- To encourage solid, open lines of online business communication between local government officials, community leaders and area businesses.
- To encourage new residents and internet businesses to develop relationships with one another and maintain an active level of community involvement and support.
- To offer support services to new and/or prospective businesses and residents.
- To obtain vital information on community statistics, programs, events and progress and to make it readily available to our members.
- To serve as a driving force and strong voice on behalf of our members.
- To offer a venue for our members to network, to offer encouragement, advice and support to one another, and most importantly to learn and grow together.
- To serve as a clearinghouse for information from other government or service agencies.